We are music marketplace searching for a QA to join our team. The right candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical and operational integrity of our products. Candidate will work with development, support services, and ad hoc testers to create, develop, and execute test plans based on business needs.
- 5+ years Quality Assurance experience in testing software products and releases.
- Major in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Automated testing experience
- Understanding of database schemas and querying tools (ie, SQL).
- API automated testing expertise.
- Regression testing automation setup, execution, and optimization
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle methodologies (ie, waterfall, agile).
- Strong understanding of release management processes.
- Evaluate and test new or modified software products.
- Provide breakdown of QA tasks and time estimates for planning.
- Develop and document test strategy.
- Develop, maintain, and execute manual and automated test cases.
- Identify, analyze, and report test results.
- Report, track, and monitor defects in the defect tracking system.
- Provide input toward developing Quality Assurance standards.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a team of software developers.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with the development team.
- Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to “think outside the box.”
In order to succeed in this role you should be
- Experienced. You have designed and implemented entire projects not just individual stories.
- Curious. You aren’t content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
- Self-directed. You can work on your own while prioritizing multiple company objectives and problems.
- Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
- Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the product needs.
- A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
- A mentor. You will mentor other developers to help them improve their technical skills.
BeatStars (beatstars.com) is a social music marketplace and distribution company that is reinventing the music collaboration industry. In addition to distributing finished songs, BeatStars’ platform enables music producers and recording artists to collaborate, share, sell, and distribute, any type of musical content (e.g. beats, lyrics, vocals) worldwide. BeatStars allows music creators of all levels to represent their content independently and generate multiple streams of revenue. The platform provides the tools to distribute, monetize, and protect content, allowing music producers, recording artists, songwriters, and beatmakers to collaboratively publish songs in the most efficient and affordable way possible.
How we work?
At Beatstars we believe each employee’s contribution is essential to our overall success. Our engineers are exposed to a wide variety of technologies and we encourage them to learn new skills. Each day brings different challenges, and our team thrives on the variety and intensity of our workplace. It’s a dynamic environment fueled by the energy of our staff.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you’ll be a key member of our growing development team.
We are headquartered in Austin, Texas, but as a distributed company we have employees all over the US, Canada, Portugal and Brazil.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.